The Makeup Show NYC 2017: Things To See & What To Shop
The Makeup Show NYC is here once again and I'm extremely excited to attend this year. I'm not going to lie; this is one of my favorite trade shows to attend. It's not just the shopping and makeup, my love for the show runs deeper than that. The Makeup Show is two jam packed days that share networking opportunities for every one in the fashion and beauty community, amazing keynote speakers and you get face to face time with some of the owners of the top beauty brands. There isn't many trade shows that can offer you that, so you can understand the excitement I have. I also to get to hang with some of my favorite blogger babes. This year, they have added a few new cool things to the show. "The Colors of Beauty" which is an art gallery with works of art by Moises Ramirez and The Beauty Brunch- just to name a couple of things. Check out all the details below!
Keynote Schedule: Some of the BEST in the Beauty Industry dish all the the things we were wondering.
Sunday, May 7th
● James Vincent’s “The Makeup Show Town Hall,”: In this all-‐new keynote address, James Vincent and a panel of artists and experts will address the issues affecting our industry today. Panelists and attendees will have the opportunity to discuss current topics, debate timely issues and voice opinions.
● Vlada Haggerty’s “Signature Style” -‐-‐ Sponsored by Smashbox Cosmetics: Vlada Haggerty is known in the industry for her imagination and signature style that has been widely imitated. In her first appearance at The Makeup Show, Vlada shares her story and secrets to creating such a unique, recognizable style.
● Ryan Burke’s “Creative Thinking”: Ryan Burke has captured the collective imagination of our industry as a makeup artist, model, photographer and muse. In his first appearance at The Makeup Show, Ryan will be joined by his innovative agent Ryan McKnight to share his story and provide insight into the creative process.
Monday, May 8th
● Moises Ramirez’s “An Artist’s Eye”: Moises Ramirez is recognized in our industry as a true artist. With an understanding of fine art and an aesthetic all his own, Moises’ work is inspirational and truly groundbreaking. In this keynote address, Moises will share his work and provide ideas to put into practice that will take your artistry to the next level.
● Romero Jennings “A Career in Makeup” -‐-‐ Sponsored by MAC Cosmetics:In his first keynote at The MakeupShow, Romero will share how he got started in the industry and show you his process for designing and applying unforgettable makeup. Watch as he shows the detailed techniques for which he has become known and listen as he offers insight on what you can do to build your own career.
● “Kollective Konsciousness” -‐-‐ Sponsored by Kreative Kommune: Join us for this exciting panel as Kreative Kommune Artist and Development creator Ryan McKnight and his team join Rebels and Outlaws’ James Vincent to take us through the traditional and modern methods on how to get an agent, what an agent can do for you and what they are doing with this exciting new agency that is changing the game.
● Kevin James Bennett “Makeup Kit Breakdown”: In this first time keynote at The Makeup Show, the makeup master behind so many brands offers his assessment of what every artist should be carrying in their kit. He will review the essentials for every media format, help you separate the actual needs from the wants in an ever-‐growing market and offer insight on what are the actual must-‐haves for the makeup pro.
Things To Do:
The Beauty Brunch (May 6th 1:30-3:30):
Kick the show off this year with a brand new event which will give you the opportunity to spend extra time with your favorite artists and brands. Drink champagne & cocktails and indulge in delicious food while connecting with industry insiders in a more intimate environment. Celebrate the beauty business and bring home a gift bag full of the pro community’s favorite products. sponsored by MAKE UP FOR EVER and NYX Professional Makeup.
Moises Ramirez Gallery:
The NYC based painter and makeup artist will be unveiling his work in a gallery at this years show. Moises blends painting, photography, makeup artistry, illustration and drawing to influence each other in his work. After relocating to New York City 8 years ago, he has conceptualized creative looks for global beauty brands, on top of working the last 12 seasons of NYFW. Through color and texture, he is exploring the idea of beauty and what we find beautiful today. is gallery will be unveiled at the Beauty Brunch and then on display during The Makeup Show NYC on May 7th and 8th.
The Makeup Show Beauty Tour NYC (May 9th 2:00-6:30):
The city the never sleep is known for its fast pace, fashionable people, and its place as a first-rate city for the best in beauty. Join The Makeup Show’s Director of Education and Artist Relations, James Vincent, as he takes you to some of his favorite fashion and makeup destinations. With a glass of bubbly in your hand, you’ll accompany James on champagne fueled ride through Manhattan, with stops along the way at his favorite makeup haunts. You’ll get the inside scoop behind the brands and leave with a goodie bag full of James’ favorites. tops including NYX Professional Makeup, MAC, Sephora, Temptu, The Body Shop, MAKE UP FOR EVER and more!
There are so many brands that is a MUST see at The Makeup Show. I know I will be stopping at Urban Decay, MAKEUP FOREVER, Kat Von D Beauty and the Vegan Brand that is OCC Makeup. Below you can see the floor plan and all that brands that will be there. The image below may be hard to see but you can visit TheMakeupShow.com for more info and tickets!